Monday, December 10, 2012
"I am very pleased that Governor Haslam made the decision to reject state-based insurance exchanges. The federal government continues to show they have no qualms in making up new rules as they move forward.
As a businessman, I would not enter into any agreement without knowing all of the requirements. The Governor’s letter to Secretary Sebelius reiterates this citing the more than 800 pages of draft rules that have been issued since the November election. He also talks about the significant risks involved with taking on an exchange while they are still devising the rules and the fact that states have still not received appropriate information. I absolutely believe Governor Haslam made the right decision."
- MTSU-China Research Partnership Bears Fruit
- MTSU Wraps China Visit
- Senators Ketron and Tracy announce grant for Smyrna Airport
- Senator Ketron files bill authorizing use of student photo IDs issued by state universities for voting purposes
- Senators Ketron and Tracy Sign on Legislation to Exempt Vehicles Under Three Years Old from Emissions Testing
- Department of Labor finds $1.3 million in fraudulent claims through tracking system sponsored by Senator Ketron
- Senator Ketron re-elected Chairman of Fiscal Review Committee
- Senator Ketron Filed Legislation to Allow Referendums on Wine Sales in Retail Food Stores
- Statement from Senate Republican Caucus Chairman Bill Ketron regarding the Governor’s Proposal to establish a partnership with Nissan for workforce development
- Senator Ketron Announces $74,249 Grant to MTSU for Teacher Professional Development